My favorite! Irresistible! These are so delicious because of the amount of almond butter in them makes them super decadent. So be sure to avoid making them to often...they are high in healthy whole food fat which makes them really high in calories. Enjoy in moderation!
· ¾ cup creamy almond butter
· ½ cup pumpkin puree
· 1 overripe banana
· ¼ cup maple syrup
· 1 tsp vanilla extract
· 1 tbsp coconut or almond or whole wheat flour
· 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
· 1 tsp cinnamon
· 1 tsp baking soda
· ¼ tsp salt
· 1/3 cup semisweet vegan chocolate chips and/or walnuts-Optional
1. Preheat oven to 350. Line pan with parchment paper or use silicone baking dish OR use small amount of cooking spray 8X8
2. Place almond butter, pumpkin, banana, maple syrup, and vanilla in a medium bowl. Stir until well combined.
3. Add the rest of the ingredients, stirring until smooth
4. Pour into prepared baking dish, smoothing with a spatula. Bake for 30 minutes or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
Adapted from Alexis Joseph, MS, RD, LD recipe for Paleo Pumpkin Bars